I’m done! I’m done! What year is it?
I wrote word number 50,356 at about 9:15 this morning. I feel great. My post-completion to-do list looks like this:
- Tweet so the world can congratulate me.
- Post to blog.
- Fix year-number typos in yesterday’s blog (yes, I was so excited and lost in my novel that I forgot what year it was!)
- Donate to NaNoWriMo. Today is Donation Day!
- Verify and WIN! at the NaNoWriMo site.
- Take myself out for a cupcake.
- Get back to work.
- Pack for Thanksgiving vacation.
And when I return, this blog can get back to its regularly scheduled programming. A whole lot of you click on my first Sexy Grammar lesson almost every day, so I’m looking forward to posting new ones for you in the coming weeks. I’ve also spent a good amount of time this month writing in cafes, so I have an awful lot of cafe reviews to Yelp.
I’m sorry I don’t have a harrowing tale of lost data and drunken desperation to wrap up this year’s experience. Read last year’s–it’s still funny.